Thursday, November 18, 2010

All I Asking Ffr is My Body Part 1 Dialogue

     Makot is a boy that is Kiyoshi's older brother Toshio's age.  Toshio calls Makot "General of the kids," because Makot is the leader of the gang of kids three years younger than him.  Makot hangs out with younger kids because he was always made fun of by the kids his age, so, in turn, he buys the friendship of kids younger than him.  Makot says that he has gone through a lot of younger kids and they all eventually "quit him," but Kiyoshi and the other two his age didn't quit Makot because they're too stupid.  I believe the reason Makot's peers make fun of him so much is because of Makot's parents, the first part of the book doesn't get into detail about them, but it seems like something fishy is going on with them and they are very embarrassing to Makot.
     I do feel sorry for Makot since he is bullied by the children his age.  If it weren't for the way he was raised, I'm sure Makot would be a normal boy like Toshio or other boys his age but he wasn't so he's an outcast.  The way Makot copes with his parents is by forming something like a family in the gang of younger boys.  He buys the gang "chow fun," brings them to the movies, and feeds them good lunch so they'll hang around him; he knows none of their families have the money to give them those things so the boys will be more attracted to him.  I think Makot just doesn't know how to make friends, or how to deal with people and it all boils down to the way he was raised.  It's not very apparent what they do from reading only the first part of the book, but they seem to a lot different than the parents of the other young boys.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Your post helped me realize the extent of Makot's attempts to have friends. He's probably tried to be friends with kids his own age, those a year younger, two years younger, and now three years younger. That's a lot of rejection!

    This helps explain the way Makot treats his mother; I'm sure he blames her for his isolation. His family has money and material possessions, but it comes at a heavy price.

    Thanks for your insights.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex,

    It’s hard for most people to make friends, but I can only image how solitary Makot must feel by not having any “real” friends; and if that wasn’t enough he also has to deal with the community’s rejection. It seems like they live in a very small community and that doesn’t work on Makot’s favor, as most people like to spread rumors and gossip about situations like Makot’s which they don’t fully understand.

    Estela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex,
    I agree with you they never really mentioned too much about Makot parents, but you get this vibe that’s something not quiet right from how the others kids his age treat him. I think from previous attempts from trying to make friends and being pushed away that he doesn’t know how to make friends except for buying them. He wants to be a leader, but because of his up bringing he lacks the confidence in being a leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex,

    I am happy you mention that there was not much information giving on the parents. I was wondering if I was missing something but I realized we will get more information the further we get in the story. I also like how you mention that he prbably tried to be friends with kids older then these but was probably rejected.

    Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex
    I like the perspective that you captured about Makot "creating" a new family by buying the kids stuff, or taking them to the movies. That gives me a whole new way to look at the situation.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    You bring up a curious side of the story, the life of makot. while I do not feel sorry for makot because he should know better, it can be tied back to the way he was raised and his current situation. It must be rather hard for him to find friends another way then he does and simple does not want to be alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you that his social behavior is a direct results of his living situation and the way he was raised. His lack of morals reflect his parents lack of morals. How is he to know any better? He's rejected by his peers his own age so he seeks comradery in the younger generation. Could this be because he is mentally stuck at the same age as the other boys? I think so.

    ReplyDelete